Truth time. Easter kinda snuck up on me this year. Now that’s not entirely surprising because most holidays sneak up on me. Every day is kind of the same on a farm, especially an animal farm. But I had people calling for Easter hams, Easter lamb. I had the Mrs. planning Easter service after work on Saturday, which requires tickets at our church because all the heathens show up twice a year (Easter and Christmas). As opposed to us, where we show up occasionally, some of the time. Yeah, we’re holier than thou.
On my calendar, it said “Easter Holiday.”
Somehow I wasn’t prepared for Easter at all. Thank God SWMBO, as always, was.
So when I woke up Saturday all I knew was:
- I’m dreadfully behind, on everything. Income tax filings, sales tax filings and payments, blog posts, gunsmithing, house maintenance, paperwork. Simply everything.
- I’m dreadfully disorganized, because I’m so behind. There are stacks on top of stacks of stuff in my office, in the gun room, in my house, all just needing to be sorted into priority stacks (was due a week ago, was due today and Pbbbt! I have plenty of time it’s due tomorrow)
- Everybody is looking for me, because I’m so behind and they need me to give them answers. I can’t get one thing done because someone comes and asks me about their thing before I can finish. Nothing ever gets completed.
- I need to work all day to cover for Miguel who was taking a rare day off. Good for him. I’m glad he had a day off, but ugh. Today?
- We have six tours today and for some reason Spork has a surprise friend over which is cool. But that means he needs the day off too. SWMBO says she’ll cover the tours. But who covers the store? We try to keep an adult close.
- All this stuff for today needs to get done so we can leave exactly on time so we can get to church on time because it will be a zoo.
So Saturday started off with a bit of angst on how it would go. However it also started off with the pic you see above. A double rainbow, just for me. Then I noticed that the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Perfect temperature, a bit of rain on our dry pastures, then sun the rest of the day.
The store was humming and the girls were knocking it out with time to play in between customers. Vicente and Josh were getting everything done and every time I came over to ask what they needed help with, the answer was nothing. Go back up front. So I would, and I’d get to see our wonderful customers, smiling and enjoying their shopping trip.
Saturday ended with a great sermon at church. Easily one of my top 5s. What started out as a angst filled day ended up being an enjoyable, productive day. I’m still dreadfully behind, but I’m slowly making progress. In the spirit of being behind, Happy Easter everyone, one week late.