We are getting all the milk we need from Spunky each day. However we are not getting all the milk she is producing. She’s holding back for her calf seemingly a little more each day. We like to keep the calf on her because it’s better for the calf, we don’t need all the milk, and this gives us an option if we cannot milk one day.
It does create this holding back problem though. I am milking the next few days by myself so it looks like it may be time for experimenting to see if I can increase the yield. I will keep you in the loop to see if there are any major break throughs.