This recipe comes from the Clark Family here at NCF. Their friend’s southern mother handed it down to them so it it must be good right? Wrong! It is PHENOMENAL!! I can’t remember what was going on at the time but one night the adults were getting ready to go somewhere and the Clark’s were making this for their kids dinner. I snuck a bite. Then when we got back from our adult dinner I snuck the leftovers, yes I know Bad Lucy. Someone should really hit me on the nose more often.
With all of the summer family get together skip the box and the mayo based salad. Head straight for the pasta and cheese that kids and adults will eat up with glee.
Before we get to the recipe of it all lets talk add in’s:
- Sub ghost pepper jack cheese for the spicy lovers
- Add in some cooked bacon on top the last 5 minutes
- Add in some sauteed onions, mushrooms and garlic for some fancy times.
- 5 Year Sharp Cheddar for the Cheddar Hounds
- The Hoop Cheddar for the traditionalists out there
- Add beef for a cheesy beef mac
- Add seared chicken & broccoli for a whole meal in one the family will devour.
For your piglet cuteness quotient.